1704 Part Time Concessions Supervisor
Posted on: July 13, 2016
Position requires an individual to have supervisory skills, customer service skills, positive attitude, basic knowledge of food preparation, oversee all areas in preparing location and area for day to day operation, responsible for accurate accounting and all transactions and assist with location inventory controls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Ensures accurate cash handling procedures at all times.
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ensures proper opening and closing of stand.
- Ensures inventory counts are accurate before, during and after events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains cleanliness in the stands and other work areas
- Assign tasks to runners and stand leaders as necessary.
- Ensures stand employees are abiding by all policies and procedures.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- 1 year supervisory experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Food Handler’s Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire.
- TIPS Trained preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic working knowledge of food and beverage and food preparation.
- Basic math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patron and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Operate Food & Beverage MICROS system accurately.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires stooping, lifting, climbing, and substantial walking. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.