1734 Full Time Safety Manager
Posted on: March 14, 2017
Under general supervision of the Director of Event Services, coordinates and has oversight of the project coordination of all safety programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of safety including OSHA, ADA compliance and staff training of Emergency Plans for the entire complex.
- Promote a positive safety culture in the workplace through providing safety support, advice and direction to managers & supervisors to promote an organizational culture empowering all personnel to proactively take action to reduce risk and protect people.
- Support incident investigations both internally and with the client as required by attending any applicable investigations and subsequent meetings, ensuring all individuals involved are treated fairly and with respect in accordance with safety policies.
- Support management in the development and implementation of effective safety policies to address employee and client injury trends. Assist with identifying non conformances and deficiencies
- Make recommendation for improving health and safety in the workplace to increase productivity and reduce cost.
- Review work practices for compliance with safety programs and legislative requirements. Where required work with management to correct work practices and behaviors.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Maintain a pro-active approach to the well-being of all employees, subcontractors and associated personnel affected by our work.
- Maintain a file on trained personnel who are authorized to use motorized facility equipment.
- Act as Chairperson for facility Safety Committee. Plan, coordinate and execute meetings and all related issues.
- Maintain back dock inventory of insure safety of all working personnel on back dock throughout facility campus.
- Schedule and follow up on routine and non-routine inspections of facility safety equipment.
- Facilitate and deliver all standard, job specific and ongoing training in safety and environmental awareness for all levels of the workforce and regularly verify the tasks are correctly executed.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation
- Create and implement safety policies and procedures for the BOK Center and Cox Business Center.
- Coordinating all safety training programs for full-time and part time employees to increase awareness of safety and security issues, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate timely completion of accident/injury reporting.
- Adheres to OSHA, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), International Fire Code (IFC) and other applicable safety codes.
- Liaison between contractors and vendors regarding safety procedures while working in SMG Tulsa facilities
- Create monthly safety reports detailing safety inspections of the operation plant, kitchens and other areas within the facilities. Reports are to be submitted to the Director of Event Services
- Be present in the facilities when severe weather is forecasted in the area.
- Assists Operations management as assigned in the coordination of activities relative to construction contractors, city services, subcontractors and vendors.
- Cross- trains on basic security office duties and responsibilities.
- Requires ability to work extended and flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position has minimal direct supervisory responsibilities other than assisting other departmental supervisor and managers in the oversight of safety compliance. Responsibilities include facilitating a safety committee in conjunction with Human Resources to train, investigate and address accident and injury reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience
- Three (3) years related experience and/or training in a similar role, preferably in the public assembly industry
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum 30-Hour OSHA Training (preferred)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facilities.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to this job:
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Possess skills and experience in supervising/training personnel.
- Engage in decision making that is generally governed by procedure and guided by policy.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials.
- Potential to operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, or other light power driven equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier, typewriter and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
- Manual dexterity – Regularly required to use hands, to finger, handle or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl to access operational systems.
- May spend long hours in walking or standing.
- Heavy lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.